John Carroll University
B104 Admin Building “B Wing”
University Heights, OH 44118
Application Instructions
Return to Global Education site
Create Account
Course Approval
Contact Us
Spring: October 1
Fall: March 1
Program Search
Program Type:
Program Country:
Program Term:

Study Abroad Course Approval Process

A John Carroll University student studying abroad will NOT be eligible for transfer credit from courses taken abroad UNLESS courses are pre-approved BEFORE going on study abroad.

Every John Carroll student who wishes to take courses at another institution will ordinarily first consult with their Advisor.  If you are planning to study abroad, you are required to meet with your Advisor to discuss your academic options.  Students must obtain written permission of the appropriate Dean
before enrolling at another university. 

  1. Make an appointment to meet with your Advisor.
  2. Download course descriptions for courses you want to take abroad.
  3. Take course descriptions to your meeting with your Advisor.
  4. Complete online Transient Student Petition Form CLICK HERE
  5. When you complete your study abroad program, Request that a transcript from the Host University be sent to the Registrar's Office at JCU:
Registrar's Office
John Carroll University
University Heights, OH 44118 

John Carroll University Center for Global Education